A member of the Executive Team for the organization and an active member of the Corporate Human Resources team, the Senior VP, Human Resources plays a key role in supporting strategic business goals and actively participates in the strategic and operational planning to ensure company objectives pertaining to quality, productivity, cost, required service levels and customer service expectations are met or exceeded.
- Work with internal clients to develop effective people practices that are aligned with the business goals and congruent with the corporate culture; and provide guidance on how to ensure their consistent and fair implementation;
- Provide leadership to all the Company Departments in all aspects of the company’s human resources matters; and provide the site HR Representatives with functional direction and guidance on HR issues as required;
- Develop ideas, recommendations and provide guidance on how to improve the management of human capital, create a positive work environment and increase employee motivation and engagement (i.e. HR metrics – data gathering, analysis, benchmarking and recommendation for improvement; develop and recommend practical solutions, aligned with the business strategy and in line with best practices in the market and amongst the competition to acquire, manage and develop talent, and to increase retention and engagement);
- Develop ideas and recommendations on how to streamline the administrative flow on a national basis and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of internal communication (i.e. monitor internal systems, ensure integrity of data, conduct audits as appropriate, provide recommendation for improvement, etc.);
- Build and strengthen effective working relationships with all stake holders (i.e. the leadership team at manufacturing sites and corporate, front-line management and Union representatives) by fostering an open, collaborative approach that gains the respect of all parties;
- Lead and manage a team of HR professionals by hiring, reviewing performance and providing feedback, determining training and development needs, establishing goals and priorities, and providing work direction;
- Lead the collective bargaining negotiation for all sites;
- Ensure labor cost forecasting and control, progress status and analyze possible variances in order to identify appropriate corrective actions and / or interventions designed to optimize / contain the costs;
- Ensure a correct management and control of the HR KPIs (Headcount and FTE, Absenteeism, turnover etc.);
- Responsible for managing the Company Group Benefits portfolio (about $12M), by ensuring its accurate administration in congruence with approved salaried plans and hourly CBAs, appropriate benchmarking and by providing recommendations to increase efficiencies, improve customer service, reduce costs and table changes/solutions that are in line with the business strategy and the best practices;
- As a member of the Group HR community, participate and/or lead international projects as required.
Knowledge, Experience, Aptitude & Academic Background:
- Strong leadership, and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient in employee/labour relations, performance management, recruiting and selection, HR benchmarking, benefits management, organizational development and training;
- Exceptional communication, facilitation, influencing and team building skills;
- Business oriented approach to the management of human resources – a change agent who questions, adapts and takes action;
- Analytical with sound judgment and strong results orientation;
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office products and the Internet;
- Demonstrate an ability to work with data and metrics;
- Pertinent University degree;
- Ten (10) years of relevant Human Resources experience, preferably as a Generalist, and People management experience in roles of progressive responsibility inclusive of collective agreement interpretation, administration and negotiation in a national, multi-site manufacturing environment;
- Experience in large multi-nationals, preferably within the CPG/food industry but not limited to that industry;
- CHRP designation would be a plus;
- Strong ability to promote and lead progressive HR practices and best practice change initiatives;
- Ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems;
- Experience with global Headquarter business relations.
Why join the company:
- Large organization operating on a national basis;
- The opportunity to work with a smart and fun team;
- A highly respectful and collaborate culture;
- The organization provides opportunity to make a significant impact;
- The organization has demonstrated strong performance (growth in sales and profit) in Canada with opportunity to move internationally if desired. (e.g. Europe, South Africa, Australia, Mexico).