As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer will report directly to the Global President and Chief Operating Officer and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. He will be an active member of the corporate human resources team. The Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer will play a key role in supporting strategic business goals and will actively participate in the strategic and operational planning to ensure company objectives pertaining to operational excellence are met or exceeded.
The organization’s Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer will play a key role in developing, monitoring and evaluating the overall human resources strategy with the Global President and Chief Operating Officer and leaders of the Executive Management Team. The position holder will put emphasis on strategic human resources policies, compensation management and governance of the Board’s Human Resources Committee.
The Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer will interact effectively with all key components of the company and will be viewed as a trusted business advisor by internal and external stakeholders. The role and responsibilities will include the following key contributions:
- Human Resources Policies
- HR policies and plans
- Strategic and Organisational Development
- Corporate survey on employee engagement
- Acquisitions: due diligence and integration
- Member of other committees – Management, Strategic – M&A, Divisional Boards (TBD)
- Staffing and Talent Management
- Executive and HR function succession planning
- Staffing of key positions at the global level
- Coaching of Senior Management
- Compensation Management
- Senior Executive compensation
- Bonus administration and approval for Senior Management positions
- Short-term Incentive Plan
- Long-term Incentive Plan
- Compensation surveys
- Compensation for subsidiaries
- Performance Management Process and HR Systems
- Contribution Assessment Process (for individual bonus purposes)
- HRIS monitoring
- HR systems renewal
- Employment Conditions
- Pension Plans – Global
- Benefits Plans – Global
- Other employment conditions (educational assistance, medical exams for Executives, etc.)
- Act as Secretary of the Human Resources Committee of the Board
- Member of the Disclosure Committee
Key Attributes: Competencies, Experience, Education
The organization is seeking an outstanding candidate with demonstrated leadership experience and a professional track record in key executive human resources positions.
Competencies should include:
Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong business acumen;
- Leadership of competence / Ability to work through others;
- Strategic and organized agility;
- Organized and result oriented;
- Mental toughness;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Dealing with ambiguity;
- Tact, Diplomacy, Strong people skills;
- Energy, Commitment;
- Bilingual (oral and written);
- Maths and quantitative skills;
- Writing skills;
- Basic word and excel.
- At least 20 years of experience in Human Resources Management including 10 as a senior generalist;
- Experience or exposure at the Global level;
- Experience in M&A;
- Experience at working in a decentralized environment;
- Experience with a publicly traded company;
- Experience at dealing with an HR Committee of the BOD;
- Experience in executive compensation (short-term and long-term);
- Experience in the financial industry is a definite asset.
- Bachelor degree in business administration;
- MBA is a definite asset as well as any financial industry is a definite asset.
- Build the credibility of the human resources function from the human resources committee’s perspective, consequently the Board of Director’s perspective;
- Demonstrate the ability to structure and manage the thought process around the complex executive compensation issue;
- Improve the perception of the human resources’ ability to proactively support the organization at all levels and through all operational and strategic endeavors.
Why join the Company:
- One of the fastest growing financial organizations in Canada;
- Extraordinary growth with ambitious plans to continue;
- Montreal-based organization.